Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shanghai


Kathleen (she's the blond on the right) moved into my neighborhood this past year, and now she's moving to Shanghai. I missed out. All year I've been saying to myself, when I feel better and this baby is out of me, I'm going be best buds with Kathleen- she is just so cool. I'm going to walk to her house and just drop in like neighbors on t.v. do. I never really did that- I was too sick or too busy. I missed out. I thought she'd always be there. I guess what I really want to say is that I looked forward to being even better friends with her.

She's stylish and cool, has it all together, gave me a cool Hydrangea once, and took me to meet Martha Stewart. Now, the 16 million people of Shanghai will get to appreciate her too. Life lesson- don't miss out- or as the 80's glam metal band, "Cinderella" would say, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

Kathleen you will be missed! Luckily, she is going to start a blog detailing her life in Shanghai. Look for her link, on my blog, over the next few weeks.

Here's a shot of us at her baby shower/farewell brunch, held at Bread Winners Bakery in uptown Dallas. She will be having baby boy "Collin" in November- dual citizenship for him.

5 comments:

vickstergram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vickstergram said...

Last Wednesday we said goodbye to Lui Yi or, Monica, as she is known to Americans. She is from Shanghai and is going to graduate school in Lansing, Michigan. However, this coming week, she is returning to Shanghai for 8 weeks to visit her family. She was baptized last October and has a wonderful spirit. While she was here, we asked her if she had seen Mission Impossible 3 because many of the scenes were shot in Shanghai, I learned this from Robert as he whispered in the movie theatre, "I was right there!" She hadn't seen it, so friend Debbie gave us a copy for Monica to watch. As the scenes from Shanghai appeared, she excitedly exclaimed, "My home town!" (not quite the place you would envision as a home town.) Anyway, your friend already has friends waiting for her in her new home town. Ask me sometime about Monica and her family's conversion story. It's neat, to say the least.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the wonderful write up about me!! How do I get it out to the millions in Shanghai, how cool I am?!!

stacia said...

i like this post Laurel..it is something I can relate too...from all that moving around we've done.

Unknown said...

So Sad I missed it! You ladies are all gawgeous!