Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cake


There were chocolate crumbs on the table this afternoon. I investigated. There was a paper plate with chocolate remains in the garbage. Underneath it was an "actual" fork, not plastic. The cake, leftover from my book club the night before, was gone.

I smiled. My children are survivors, I thought, they know how to take care of themselves. Then, Henry walked in and confided, "Mom, I 'accidentally' ate the rest of the chocolate cake."

"I have accidents like that all the time." I said, and I pulled the fork out of the garbage.

5 comments:

stacia said...

cute henry. i too have those accidents pretty much daily.

Mk said...

you seriously have a gift for this stuff...thanks for the laugh.

vickstergram said...

We have had a long standing problem of missing forks at our house. Robert swears we accidentally throw them out and I believe that little "H" has inherited the gene for that along with the gene for taste tempting food accidents. What a cutie!

Kaiya said...

I have accidents like that all the time too. (Don't let Caroline learn about Henry's accident. She'll learn, and start having food accidents herself.)

Annie said...

I of course can relate to you and Henry. I have those sort of accidents a lot, and I certainly pay for the consequences. My most recent accident was not food related, but I "accidentally" did not put on sun-block during my recent vacation to Lake Powell. All I can say is "OUCH"....