Sunday, July 8, 2007

4th of July


Since we are having the 71st monsoon of the season right now and since I'm usually running five days behind, it's time to update my blog about our 4th of July celebration.

I really wanted to be one of those moms who had their children color coordinated in red white and blue (Like my pal Julie). I had to get ready to march in the city parade with the cute little Cub Scouts (I am a den mother), so I put Adam on the job. I do have to say he tried his best, but as you know Caroline is a little "Sassy!"

As heard outside her bedroom door:

"Caroline, it's time to get dressed, we need to wear red and blue because it's the 4th of July," then a moment later, "Or you could wear pink."

So no, I do not have a nice color coordinated picture of our family to commemorate the day, but I do have this nice picture of me with my flag cake. Doesn't it look good?

The 4th was really a fabulous day for our family, Aunt Beth was in town, we did the pancake breakfast at our church, the parade, a fun barbecue with friends (where my cake stole the show) and then "Rattatouille," followed by viewing fireworks on our front lawn with our nice neighbors. We really like our country.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Laurel, I would take a picture of you holding a flag cake over a red, white, and blue color coordinated picture of your family any day. Lookin' good sis!

Katie Hart said...

I am impressed with the cake. I just want to know who made it--you or Aunt Beth. I am impressed! It's so very Martha Stewart of you.

Laurel said...

I made the cake. Beth helped with the berries, but it was totally my idea.

stacia said...

martha's got nothin on you... i'm so impressed!

Mk said...

Kelly... Martha... what do I call you now?

vickstergram said...

Betsey Ross lives again! And you're taking all the credit. Good job anyway. Now, with Pioneer Day coming up I'm very curious as to what you will come up with...perhaps a green jello handcart?