Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kelly Clarkson




Some of you may have noticed that I have the Kelly Clarkson song, "Because of You, " on my playlist below. Sometimes you may even get to hear the song when you open my blog. You may or may not be a big Kelly Clarkson fan, I'm not either, but I'm trying to like her because a friend of mine says I remind her of Kelly Clarkson. In fact, Mary Kaye, even had a dream, (while she was pregnant) that I was Kelly Clarkson and I was at her house giving a concert in her family room. I was standing on her brick fireplace ledge, with full on highlights and a nose ring, giving a concert for young professionals and their very young children. So it is, Because of You, Mary Kaye that I even have Kelly on my playlist. Now, at Mary Kaye's home I am referred to as Kelly Clarkson. For example, when Mary's husband Dan comes home from work and asks, "What did you do today?" she answers, "Kelly Clarkson" came over and swam with her kids. So here's to you Kelly- I hope things get better for you since your tour has been canceled, you fired your manager, and the prospect of your new album selling is not so good. But look on the bright side, maybe your popularity will spike since I mentioned you on my blog. By the way, I think Mary Kaye reminds me of "Pink."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the bomb baby! You seriously look just like her! And BTW, I dig Kelly! Along with Carrie Underwood and Cat Mcphee (even though she is a Hilary lover), KC is my other fave AI, and no, I am not 13.

Annie said...

Laurel now that I think of it, you do remind me of Kelly Clarkson. As I left Texas the last time you told me later that week, and I quote "Since you've been gone, I can breathe for the first time....I'm so movin on, yeah yeah!!" Although I did not appreciate you sharing that with me initially, it comforts me to know I am related to someone who looks and talks like someone famous. Wow!

Mk said...

Gosh, I leave for a week and everybody get delusions of grandeur. You are soo much more talented than Kelly and i am a fan. And like i said I might be able to book you for the annual "Cowboy Harvest Festival" --it should definately pull the album sales out of the slump. As for the Pink comment, all i can say is I'm comin' up so you better get this party started.

Vickstergram said...

Laurel, I guess I should have told you this a while back, but I was a bit hesitant. Just brace your self. Before I married you dad, I was very briefly married to a man with the last name of ...well,you guesed it, Clarkson. And, yes, you are Kelly's older half sister! Let's just let that be our little secret. Just think...you're almost famous!!!

Mk said...

i knew it.
thank you vickstergram for confirming what we all suspected:)