Saturday, June 16, 2007

Girls Just Wanna.....






So...I'm really having a lot of fun doing this blogging thing. I love looking at my friends blogs and putting up stuff on mine. It has given new life to the concept of a scrapbook- which was dead to me considering the stuff I've been meaning to scrapbook is in a box(s) in the garage and Adam has been asking if he can throw it out for years... Anyhow, I was checking my friend Kristin's blog and as I opened her page "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" started playing. Caroline was sitting on my lap at the time and as she heard the music she looked at me and started bobbing her head up and down, then she began twisting her neck and finally she couldn't help herself any longer and she jumped off my lap and started dancing. You know me, I'm always ready to party so I couldn't help but dance with her. We had a Darowski Girl's dance party in the living room- Samantha even bobbed her head up and down while sitting in her bouncer. So Thank You to Kristin- for the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" moment. I remember having my first GJWHF moment back in junior high, I never new how fun it would be to have one with my own daughter. So now you know where this music player came from- it's super cool. Apologies for anyone who reads this blog while at work and gets some unusual looks as music may blast beyond the confines of their cubical, corner office, or Starbucks wi-fi lounge area.

4 comments:

Annie said...

What a great moment together. I'd say it reminds me of a Lorelai and Rory moment...(tear) What a great mother-daughter bonding time. And Laurel, yes girls do just wanna have fun. (p.s. sadly I can't get that song to work for me on your blog)

Mk said...

I knew there was a dancer in you Kelly Clarkson, Can't wait to shoot the video!

Julianna said...

Oh my dear Laurel. This reminds me of a time when we danced the night away, ringing in the new year.

What a fun thing to do with you beautiful daughters!

vickstergram said...

Of course girls just want to have fun! And, Laurel, you are just the Mom to show it to them. Just (ahem) don't teach them any water balloning tricks, especially when you choose a group of bikers to target. These, of course, are just theoretical cases.) In the meantime, party to your heart's content and to your decerning intellect's wisdom.