Thursday, May 31, 2007

First Smile

























There once was a little baby who slept all the time. Her family got really excited when she would wake up and would yell out, "there's your eyeballs!" Needless to say, Samantha is a very relaxed baby, who even sleeps through the night. This makes life for the mom of three much less stressful than it could be. Caroline keeps the stress in it of course, but she does it in such a sweet way. Anyhow, Samantha is now six weeks old and I'm proud to report that she gave me her first smile today. She gave it to me, not to Caroline who gets in her face all the time nearly suffocating her, telling her how cute she is, not to Henry who helps her by putting her pacifier in when Caroline is putting the stress into mommy's life (i.e. potty training etc....), not to dad who loves to bounce her up and down in his arms, but to her mom.... at least that is what I'd like to think- so I am going to make it a part of the official Darowski family history- first smile was at mom. Anyway, as she woke up this morning and I began to hold her and talk to her she looked at me and smiled upon recognition. I felt like we really connected and it was nice. I can honestly say it made those nine miserable months worth it. We sure do love Samantha, whose name has been shortened to "Mantha" by Caroline, and was tweaked into "Manthers" by Henry, and was slightly adjusted yet again by her mother into "Manthers-Panthers," a silly name which Adam fully encourages. You know how people can get when giving little babies nick names. I just received a birth announcement from a friend that included each and everyone of the nick names they had given the baby and I think they had just stopped short of "Twinkie." Anyhow, here's to you "Manthers-Panthers." We sure do love you! Now wouldn't it have been nice if I actually had a picture of her smiling.

3 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

By the way, how sweet is Manthers!! I love those cheeks man! How adorable is she? And I do have to tell you how much I absolutely love getting on your blog and reading your stories. They always make my sad days much brighter. Thank you.

stacia said...

she is so darn cute... love little manthers-panthers. i finally caught up on your blog and had a good laugh... thanks!

Annie said...

Manthers is so dang cute. She is growing way too fast though. Tell her to stop.