Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Manthers is on the Move


In trying to be consistent with my new blog title and due to some pressure from our readers in Argentina, I am going to try to post a little something everyday. We will see. So here's the latest Darowski Dish:

Samantha- We have now entered the messy baby stage. She moves, she puts things from the floor in her mouth, she eats finger food in the high chair (always a mess- thank heavens for dustbusters), and she prefers sucking her index finger. This is the stage where the house is never clean and the mom can't let down on defense. Manthers is still always smiley and ever so sweet.

Today, when I took the kids to get their flu shots, we predicted that Samantha would cry the most, then Caroline, then Henry, because logically we thought the older would be the toughest. It was exactly opposite. It cracked me up. Samantha smiled at the nurse, put on a concerned look when the needle went into her thigh, and the went on to suck her finger. Not a peep! Blessed third child. Henry and I figured out that his hurt so bad because the more muscle you have the more it hurts. Henry's man ego was satisfied by this conclusion.

Caroline- Is becoming ever so sensitive to others. Today when I explained to her that her dad broke his watch and we were going to buy him a new one she began to cry. Then she asked, "Is he broken hearted?" Ever so sensitive.

Henry- Keep this a secret. Henry and two friends from school have a secret strategy that always helps them win connect four. He also tries to wear shorts everyday to school.

Adam- The mustache is hideously ugly, but he is sticking with it. He is ever so proud that his last post yielded 15 comments. He bet me he could get at least 15 comments. But some people commented twice and others only commented to encourage me to come up with another post.

Laurel- Went to four stores today trying to make a certain child's Christmas wish come true. Don't worry though, with the help of Adam, EBAY came through for us and someone made a hefty profit.

8 comments:

Katy said...

I don't want to brag but NO ONE can beat me at connect four - not even your little boy and his friends!

Unknown said...

Those secret combinations...

I love the pictures of your kids so cute!

Lauren said...

Hmm, sounds strangely familiar! :) I love all the tidbits of your lives. Your kiddos are so cute!

rvasay said...

Thankyou Laurel I feel much better now! The blogs give me comic relief from my somewhat stressful life and I am very sad when there isn't some new
tidbit there. Samatha is a doll! Third children are very good. I wish I could see her in person but it will have to wait. Your family is adorable. Vicky in Argentina

jdarowski said...

Can we get regular photo updates Adam's facial hair endeavors?

vickstergram said...

Bless that Caroline's little heart, she's such a twinkler! And she has to busy with all of her shenanigans because, after all, she was the displaced baby of the family. We also must remember that Henry did want to put Caroline back in your tummy! Manthers is going to be some brave little soul, just br sure to let her suck on her index finger. What can I say abouy little "H" except that I love him to pieces. And he is maturing into a very calculating young man. Adam, there is a thing called mustache wax to help the look. Keep on working on it. We want to see success. . .and Vicky, third children sometimes take a while to be very good, and what a while it's been. But the good is coming along just fine.

vickstergram said...

I have it by a certain renound authority that Steven Hawkins could beat ktb with a blink of his eye. I just don't know if it's the right or left one.

megship said...

Laurel, why is Maria Carey at your bunco party? One of those ladies looks exactly like her. Anyway, when is our ladies weekend? You sure aren't very responsible. I am due in April, so you better step on it! Also, Natalie will not be coming to see you during Christmas since she will have the pleasure of being with me, so there!