Friday, December 14, 2007

Eveing Gown Bunco

Ladies- grab those boas and tiaras and join us for the most anticipated night of the year, "Evening Gown Bunco."

Yes, I'm for real. I'm in a Bunco group- a mindless dice game that is really an excuse to get together and have fun. We play once a month and I was signed up to host it in December (why I signed up for December is beyond me.) Just two weeks ago I had to dress up as an Indian chief for a cub scout pack meeting- and remembered how much fun dressing us is - so Evening Gown Bunco was born.

Here's how it went down:

Miss Texas and Miss Manners showed up

As did the Ladies in Red

Then came the Boa Sisters


Followed by the Starlettes

My long lost high school friend Kerinne Nickerson (Clark) came as Miss High School Acapella- FYI- she normally doesn't wear her bangs in the 80's/90's claw.


We knew someone spiked the Shirly Temples when the decorations became head wear.
The night was so much fun and honestly, I'm glad it is done- onto Christmas shopping, my anniversary, and so much more.

Tomrrow on the Darowski Dish:

"Adam's mustache day 28."

7 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

FUN! Is that Kerinne from Mapleton???

Laurel said...

Si- The one and only- Kerinne from Mapleton!

Unknown said...

Best Bunco ever...and I didn't even get to play! You rock Darowski!

Abbie said...

Amen! It was a blast! Now I need to find another place where I can wear that hat.

stacia said...

ahhh man, miss homecoming queen and kerinne haven't changed a bit! how fun...

Meglet said...

Are invitations to these activities pretty exclusive?

vickstergram said...

I swear, I thik that I see a little bit of Molly Ringwald in these lovely phots. I do think that you should take your look out on the town. Also, please send me some more glamourous glittery full-length pics 'cause I really need to verify that all of you are indeed wearing lovely evening gowns. The tiarras and ribbons did add to the authenticity of the event. And what more can I add except that this is exactly the kind of thing that I expected to come out of Texas. (You could actually sell tickets to this kind of event.) So I'm saying go bigger with it the next time you do this and turn over your earnings to a good cause. If you work it right, you all could even be on Oprah. Either that or Dr. Phil.