Thursday, September 13, 2007

Overcast and 78



I can do Texas, I really can! This is what I told myself today while walking Caroline into preschool (I was also extra happy there was no sweat dripping down my back). We have been having some exceptionally nice weather this week.

Also, as many of you know due to annoying encounters with people from Texas, Texas likes to think of itself as it's own country. Mind you a "sweaty country," but a country none the less. I think this happens partly because the children of Texas are indoctrinated at an early age. I've recently had to learn the pledge to the Texas flag because I get to do it with my cub scouts. (I'm a den leader-I've got the shirt and everything- lots of fun.)

The pledge of allegiance to the Texas state flag is:
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

I'm taking this pledge very seriously, and soon I will be one of those annoying people from Texas who like to brag about how wonderful it is here in Texas (however sweaty it may be).

5 comments:

Katy said...

I served a mission in Texas and I still don't like it there. I've been meaning to write a post about Texas. Look for it.

Natalie Scott said...

Well I LOVE Texas...Austin, Tx, that is! But I've never been able to figure out the extreme pride of the people here. There is definitely a superiority thing going on.

As for the climate? LOVE that, too. We don't miss the long cold Utah winters a bit!

Camille Phillips said...

"God blessed Texas with his own hand...brought down angels from the Promised Land..."

Mk said...

"i wasn't born in Texas but i got here as quick as i could."

vickstergram said...

I know that there was a good reason that I really liked Davy Crocket.