Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Julie Young Came In Handy Today


I have this friend named Julie Young. She and her husband Scott are some of the most happy and organized people I know. They are also fierce consumers. They always know how to get a deal and get the most out of any situation.

Anyhow, my 4 favs (that being my husband and three children) and I were off to the airport to fly to Utah for my sister's wedding. Dallas was having weather issues and our flight was canceled. This was after three hours of what I will call "airport fun" with Caroline. Just as Caroline did her fourth lap around our table in the airport food court, I got on the phone with the American Airlines agent. The best she could do was get us on a flight late tomorrow afternoon. I wasn't too happy with this. Adam and the kids headed back to curb to await our ride- thanks Bethany- and I went to the baggage claim to figure out where our luggage was.

Then it dawned on me, Julie Young told me about a time where she was able to talk the airline into putting her on another carrier because her flight was delayed. Well, I might as well try that. So I marched up to the ticket counter and was able to get myself and my 4 favs on a Delta flight first thing in the morning.

Thanks Julie Young, you came in handy today.

I don't know if Julie reads my blog, but everyone, lets give a shout out for Julie.

5 comments:

Abbie said...

She is amazing! She knows so many tricks! I'm glad things worked out for you and your 4 favs. Have fun on your trip.

stacia said...

hurray for your friend! call me... i have been thinking about you...meaning to call of course!

Ralphie said...

What a small blogging world! I was reading Mauri's blog (she and I were best friends in HS) and linked to your site and read the title of your post. Baaa! Julie Young is my sister-in-law! I don't know if you remember me but I think I've met you a couple of times while visiting them. She is a over the top amazing lady! Fun to read your post on her. I'm sure she'll love it!
Ralphie Jacobs

Natalie Scott said...

Glad you made it! What a pain to go through all that with the kids and everything.

Meghan (my sis) told me the reception was great and that Megan (your sis) looked beautiful. Give me a call when you get home and fill me in :o)

vickstergram said...

I do believe that this now famous traveler should write a travel book for dummies. I know that I could surely use it.