Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Random Dinner Conversations with Adam




The other night, Adam looked up from his plate and asked me if I ever had a summer, when I was a kid, that I watched the "Karate Kid" everyday. Hmmm. No I hadn't, but I wanted to see where this was going so I didn't say anything just yet.

He went on to talk about how he watched it everyday one summer and how he would practice the signature karate kid move (you know arms out to the side like large hooks and one leg up) in the ocean when they were at Myrtle Beach. It makes me laugh picturing him doing this. Then Adam started talking about parts of the movie,
like the part when it was Halloween and the mean Karate boys put Daniel's bike in the dumpster and they were dressed like skeletons.

Then he started singing the theme song by Joe Espisito:

"You're the best around, nothings gonna ever keep you down."

Then he started quoting the final fight scene when the boys from Cobra Kai, in the black karate suits, were cheering on the blonde guy with the featherd hair (Johnny):

"Put him in a body bag! YEahhhhh! Tehehehehe!"

Adam quoted this three times and couldn't stop laughing. Then I started laughing because I was so amused he could remember these direct quotes from the movie. All I really remembered was "Wax on wax off," that I didn't like the blonde guy's feathered hair, and that the car Mr. Miagi gave Danielson wasn't really that cool, it was like a big yellow banana. Then I remembered Elizabeth Shue was in that movie and I wished she had been in more stuff. Then we cleared the table.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious, one of our faves! Marc's roomates from BYU were the cast of Karate Kid for Halloween one year. A bunch of skeletons and Daniel San in the shower and Mr. Miyagi! So funny!

Durham said...

I love Karate Kid. It's a classic.

Rick said...

I totally rented that movie two weeks ago from the library and watched it...all by myself. One of my all time favorites! Thanks for the laughs! "Wax on...Wax off."

Julie said...

awesome. my brother (ok sometimes me too) used to practice the signature move as well. a true time capsule worthy classic...

Abbie said...

I can't tell you how many times I've heard Forrest say "Put him in a body bag". And he's been Daniel for Halloween at least twice since I've known him. He'll probably be Daniel again this year. It truly is a classic.

vickstergram said...

Now I want to rent that movie wand watch it the whole way through. Adam's "crane like" move at Myrtle Beach reminds me of the time that the other Vickster posed like this right before the elevator door opened in the hotel that we were staying at. The people in the elevator did have rather strange looks on their faces as we entered it. I was laughing my head off.

Mk said...

you are right...elizabeth shue should have done more movies...bonzai Danielson!

Natalie Scott said...

Yes, I can totally see my mom doing that. She always has been an odd duck :o)

Dan said...

"If do right... no can defend"

Dan said...

"Look eye, always look eye!"

vickstergram said...

Not to diverge from the Karate Kid, but "can I have some of your tots, Man?"