Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Kid Report


Samantha- On Monday, when I picked up Samantha from the YMCA child care center, the nice employee confided, "If I had a favorite baby who comes in here, it would be Samantha." Yes, she still is the "Angel Baby."

Henry- Henry started his fall soccer season this week, nothing like 6 year-olds practicing in 90 degree weather. Anyhow, when we were discussing his upcoming Saturday games, with all seriousness, he asked if his games would be broadcast on t.v. (Too much watching sports with dad.)

On Monday, when we were finishing up family night, I had to run upstairs and change Samantha's diaper. When I came down Adam and the kids had already had the family prayer. I expressed that I was sad that they didn't wait for me to have the prayer. A few minutes later Henry came into the room and said, "Don't be sad, I'll have a prayer with you."

You may have noticed I didn't mention anything about Caroline. Lets see, she screamed while we were at Kroger this week, she smeared oranges into the carpet (but that wasn't as bad as the lipstick a month or so back), she insists on doing everything herself (car seat, shoes, clothes etc...), and she smiled a lot in between screams. Lets just say she's a spirited child.

2 comments:

Gooches said...

i am glad to hear that my beautiful little girl is not the only "spirited" child in the fam!

vickstergram said...

I do believe that she gets that from her somewhat spirited yet wonderful mother. In other words, it might not seem like it now, but you've got a winner on your hands!And you know what else, liitle "H" is a great and thoughtful kid. We sure love all of them! That Samantha is a charmer without even trying. You guys are really blessed.