Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School




I'm a bit emotional right now. I didn't think this day would phase me a bit, but my little boy just walked out of my house on what is the first of many days he will be away from me. Yes, I am a bit sad. It was only yesterday he was my one and only, my little two year-old, my best buddy. Here he is on the front steps of historic St. John's Church in Richmond. And here he is four years later on our front porch ready to go to school.

Adam insisted on taking him this morning. He even got up early and went to Chic-fil-a to buy Henry his favorite breakfast. When they pulled up to the school Adam said that Henry was in the zone. He didn't even want to hold his dad's hand. No hug goodbye, just straight to the legos at his table, past the grandparents trying to take pictures of their grandkids with their over stressed teacher. Henry will do very well. (Double click on my photomerge below to see it better.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for kindergarten! I am impressed that Adam wanted to be the drop off man! Marc was almost as emotional as me! Hope your day is great!

Durham said...

I love it that Adam wanted to take him to school. I remember little baby Henry--Sarah's first friend!!!

vickstergram said...

Oh Boy! What can I say--the very "first day of school" milestone! He's growing up too fast. Or maybe not. Sometimes, when they do little naughty things like messing with your adult cell phone, or pouring water all over the play room, or water balooning motorcycle gangs, we kinda wish that they would GROW UP! But not today. Today you just need to savour the moment and love that little guy to pieces.

Mk said...

So cute! Love the flashback! So glad we're in this K thing together!!!