Sunday, October 14, 2007

How are your flu shots going?



So last night, after I got home from helping a girlfriend who was hosting and open house, my ever sensitive husband begins to ask me how I'm doing.

"How are your flu shots going?" he asks.

"You mean my allergy shots? They are going fine."

"Oh, I meant allergy shots." Then he thinks for a minute. "What really is the flu any way? I've never had the flu. Have you had the flu?"

"Maybe once."

"I don't know anyone who gets the flu. People only get colds. Why don't they have cold shots? I'm going to invent cold shots and make a billion dollars."

Though Adam has limited scientific background I think he is on to something. Once there was a school teacher who invented these alka seltzer pills you put in water and they fizz up and they are supposed to prevent the common cold. I think they are called Airborne. Anyhow, Adam's a lawyer and if a teacher can invent something like that why couldn't he? Anyone who knows him can verify how scientific he is.

2 comments: