Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Befores and Afters

Just wanted you all to know what I've been up to. I have finally emerged again after being totally consumed with redoing the house. Here's a few pictures:

Living Room Before


Living Room After





We are still working on hanging pictures and arranging the furniture. We changed the wall color from the white/pink shade to Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. I just can't get enough of that color so I put it in the kitchen and the dining room as well. We pulled up the carpet and put in hardwood floors. The dining room is just off the living room.

Dining Room Before



Dining Room After



The Kitchen is adjacent to the dining room. We did the most work in there. Removed wallpaper, changed hardware, added new appliances, granite, and new fixtures. My back splash is my favorite part. It took me a while to find the perfect look.

Kitchen Before



Kitchen After





My Back Splash



Eventually we want to change/paint the cabinets, but for now I'm happy to be rid of the checkered wall paper.

Stay tuned.... next time, family room and master bedroom!

12 comments:

rvasay said...

Laurel,
WOW! It's beautiful! What a fun
project you have had! Thank you for posting the pictures---it makes my heart happy for you.
The Argentine Connection

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! I love seeing what you did.

I, too, cannot get enough Silver Sage. I think it is the yummiest color ever invented.

LOVE the wood floors- they're gorgeous.

It's amazing how your cabinets look lighter with all the new finishes. I think that backsplash turned out perfect.

We painted our oak cabinets in our last house and they turned out really nice- be sure to use an oil based paint for those and sand them down really good beforehand. That's the secret.

Julianna said...

Very cute house! Your kitchen looks 10000x better! What were they thinking! Good work kids.

Annie Gooch said...

I just love it! I am so excited to come and splash water off the back splashes, to see how they really work...no, you don't want me to do that?

critts said...

It looks so fabulous! You have done an excellent job.

Emily said...

It looks so good! I wish I could see it in person!!! I can't wait for more pictures!

vickstergram said...

Great work, great house, great workers. I don't know really, but it seems that you are getting a lot of praise for your efforts from the comments that have been written. Perhaps you should start your own decorating magazine or change your first name to Martha. The cute round mirror over your couch kind or scares me--it looks like a giant eyeball. But other than that, wow! Simon Cowell had me throw in that last part so I had to do it. (You see Annie has been planning to try out for American Idol this next year and use her saxaphone, so we are just trying to kiss up to him).

vickstergram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Durham said...

It looks so good! I like the fixture/rack above the island. Cool.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I love it all. But I do miss that lovely wall paper in the kitchen! =)
It all looks so elegant. You're doing a great job. It's gorgeous!

Sabine Berlin said...

It looks great. You have been busy!

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

I love your house! I'm just sad I won't be able to see it in person! The kitchen is my favorite! It's everything I always dreamed of for mine and the hardwood floors are to die for. Thanks for posting all the pics it gets me excited to have a house one day...I'm excited for you too!