Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chick Handling


Because the Darowski blog has been a major bore lately, I thought I'd share this funny little conversation.

This exchange with Henry took place on the drive home from school.

-Mom, can you sign a paper so I can do "Chick handling" after school?

Hmmm.... I thought to myself. You're a little young for that, and what kind of sex education program does this elementary school have? I glanced at my mother-in-law who sat in the passenger seat, she had the same confused expression as I had.

-Henry, what are you talking about? What is Chick Handling class?

Henry explained that the eggs in their class incubator had hatched. Only students who had permission from their parents could handle the baby chicks. But first, these students had to go to a special training called, "Chick Handling."

My mother-in-law and I got a big kick out of that. My inclination to even speculate that an elementary school might have a program designed to teach young boys how to "woo" women has only confirmed to me that I have lost all innocence and that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay...that is just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Laurel,

You are so witty and funny!!!

Unknown said...

That's the Laurel I know and love.

vickstergram said...

Just how big are those handbaskets? And you have to remember, Henry was totally innocent with his question for permission. Let's just hope he stays that sweet way. (You have to know that he is my very most favorite grandson. . .okay, all the rest are girls. But still, he ranks higher than high, after all, he lives in Hollywood.)

Sabine Berlin said...

LOL! That was so cute!

vickstergram said...

Just anxiously awaiting your next entertaining blog and low and be hold!!! The Karate Kid came on
TV. I feel that it would be entirely disloyal to Adam if I don't watch this. In fact it will help me bond with him and understand why ever so often he wears a bandana wrapped around his head, though usually not at church.