Friday, April 11, 2008

The New House



You've asked, I've been busy, but finally- no more excuses- here's a picture of our new house. It's red brink, just like our last house- and I had the shutters and door painted black, just like our last house. We've been busy putting our little touches on it, new carpet, paint, wo0d floors, and we did some work on the kitchen. Next week, we will be getting new sod and a play set for the back yard, just in time for the girl's birthdays!

The street is nice and quiet. The neighbors have been so friendly since we moved in. All the extra room is nice and we love walking over to the school to pick up Henry. I could see us living here for a long time.

We have plenty of room for company now, and we will be having visits from both sets of Grand parents over the next couple of weeks. And I just realized I don't have anything funny to say in this blog, except I could share a story about a friend who went to get a manicure- but I'll hold off for now.

13 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

Your house looks beautiful! Hope everything is going well. I love being able to walk to school to get the kids. We are looking to move soon and that will be something I will look for again! Good luck with the new house and have fun with the grandparents visiting!

Emily said...

I love it! SO cute and classic! Thanks for sharing!

rvasay said...

It is beautiful and so inviting
looking! Thank you for sharing.
I am so proud of you and Adam and your little family(Henry did call me
Grandma Asay once ). You are enjoying I am so sure! Your Argentine Connection

Dan said...

So when is the house warming party?

Unknown said...

Love the outside- but don't forget pics of the inside. That is where you made all the changes, right? I want to see why the kids call it the Hollywood House- there must be some reason. It has me wondering if you have a bronze toilet or gold leaf moldings or something. Hmmm.....

vickstergram said...

If only Laurel would take the Elvis Presley life size statue out of the entry way along with the mirrored hanging ball, I'd say her decorating is immaculate and, of course,a magnificent work in progress. It really is wonderful--lots of little nooks and crannies for the kids to hide in too. It has really been a serendipitus beginning of a new year for that transplanted Darowski family. (By the way. . .what exactly is a cranny? I do figure that is something Caroline could find and do wonders with.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Wow! Beatiful home! I bet it's so nice to be somewhat back to normal. ;) And so glad to see you blog again. We've missed the you and your wonderful stories!

Durham said...

I love your house! Brick homes do not exist in the desert which is so sad because they are my favorite. I'm excited for you guys!

Mary said...

Love the finishing touches on your home. What kind of grass did you finally decide on?

P.S. I substituted in Sunbeams the Sunday after my mani/pedi ordeal. Caroline looked at me in disgust and said, "You forgot to clip your toenails!!!!"
hee, hee, hee!

Juliana said...

Hey! It's Juliana from swim lessons at the Janis's. I love your blog. It is always so funny and makes me laugh! Congrats on your move!

Janean said...

Hey Laurel, this is Janean (Cope) Rogers. How are you? I hope you don't mind but I check your blog everyonce in awhile ever since we saw you at Megan's wedding and you gave us your blog site. Anyway, I thought I would post a comment and let you know that I check this once in awhile. I just started myself a blog too so if you want to check it out email me at janeanrogers@gmail.com and I will give your my blogsite address.

Joy and Ted said...

Beautiful! I would want to stay there a long time too. I hope we can come visit someday too!
Love ya!

laura said...

great house, pachooch! When can we come visit?