Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our New Puppy!





Meet our new puppy! His name is "Guinea Meister." And, he is actually a Guinea Pig, but we try to pretend he is a puppy.

Impulse buy. I wanted to make my kids happy, I wanted to be a good mom. Every kid needs a pet, right? They look happy don't they?

Three days after I bought him reality struck, and I put him on Craig's List the next day. I even found a home for him. But, alas, I couldn't do that to the kids. So now I take care of three kids and a guinea pig.

P.S. I'm offering him for a pet CO-OP, if ever your children feel like they need a pet, Guinea Meister can come stay at your house for a few days. He just sits there on your lap and makes cute noises. Even Caroline can't hurt him. He's really nice, for a small rodent.

10 comments:

rvasay said...

wouldn't it be easier to have a dog?
Maybe not-----hummmmmm What does he do? Your children do look happy.
Your Argentine connection

Natalie Scott said...

Seriously, I have no problems being a "bad mom" if it means I don't have to have a pet in the house. There is no way I'm cleaning up after an animal along with 4 young kids. But someday I will be ready and we will have a miniature dachshund.

Durham said...

When I saw the title of your post I thought you were crazy to get a dog! I'm glad he's just a guinea pig. Our family will never have a dog (or cat).

Mk said...

You are a good mom. We're signing up for the co-op. I'll take Guinea meister you take my kidlets.

Kaiya said...

Didn't you say Guinea Meister was going to a new home? I guess there was a change of heart. Your next pet will definitely have to be a dog. Everybody needs a dog, especially Caroline.
Wags and Licks from Cousin Kaiya

Mauri said...

No, the Winders are not soliciting time with the guinea pig...but, in brighter news: We just visited with Aunt Beth at her ward in Laie...yes, we are soaking up the sun on beautiful Oahu and it was fun to see Aunt Beth again!

Annie Gooch said...

I'll baby-sit. Just mail him over here and make sure you get insurance on your package. PS-I can't help but notice Caroline's awesome shirt and bow.

megship said...

Hey, I want to see what your little Manthers looks like these days! The little gal next to Caroline cannot be her, can it??? I worship guinea pigs, by the way.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I'm afraid Alex & I will have to skip out on the CO-OP. Kira, our cat, may not get along so well with Guinea Meister.

robandsasha said...

That is hilarious! I'll co-op with you... Guinea Meister for my huge black lab pup that drives me crazy! Much better choice on the guinea pig!