Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Was the 100th Customer!


Yesterday, after a busy morning picking out stuff for the new/old house, I headed over to Chick-fil-a to get lunch for Caroline. I approached the drive thru from the wrong angle, so I had to go around the building again in order to get in the drive thru line. Well, good thing I had to do that because my timing couldn't have been more perfect. When I pulled through after I ordered my food, I was told, "You're the 100th customer- there's no charge." I was so happy- I never win anything. Then I wished I had ordered more food.

Lately I've been too busy to blog, but here's what has been going on at our house:

Samantha- is now 9 months old. Super sweet. Has an unusual like for broccoli and not only crawls, pulls herself to stand, and yesterday I found her on the second stair. Yikes!

Caroline- yesterday I caught her dumping out all my water bottles on the driveway. And then I found her outdoor scooter in my bedroom. Lets just say she is still learning boundaries.

Henry
- A week or two ago I came into Henry's bedroom and heard him singing,"If you want to be my lover." (You know the Spice Girls song.) Needless to say I was a little shocked and felt horrible, but then I realized he learned it from playing "Dance Dance Revolution" with his friends at the local arcade. What do you do?

Adam & I - watched "Where the Red Fern Grows" the other night and had a good time reminiscing. Those poor dogs, and that boy who fell on the ax. It was pretty good, I even cried again.

But mostly, we've been working on making plans for the new house. We will be moving in at the end of the month. We are having a little work done on the house before we move in and I've been trying to get that all coordinated. We will be very excited to have visitors in the next few months!

14 comments:

critts said...

Congratulations! I never win anything either. That would totally make my day!

Unknown said...

wahoo Darowski! Even better the second time around baby! I am so excited about your move...now if we could just get those Ryans out to Coppell....I really think they should be your neighbors!

Abbie said...

Where the Red Fern Grows… I haven't thought of that book for so long. Is the movie really that good? You make me laugh.

Unknown said...

Yay- you're alive!

We want pics of the new house!

Mk said...

The visual of you and Adam watching "where the Red Fern Grows" and crying is so priceless to me. Congrats on Chi-fil-a and the house!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Glad to hear all is going well for ya'll. It's always fun to get a new house and buy new things and re-decorate! Congrats. And even more congrats on the free food. That has never happened to me and I go there at least once or twice a month!

vickstergram said...

"Where the Red Fern Grows" huh? Ahh, yes I remember it well. Our teacher read it to us in the fifth grade. The whole class was bawling as he finished the book. Free food and a new house all in the same month! This must be your lucky year.

Sabine Berlin said...

So fun to win things! Congrats! MAke sure you send me your new address!

rvasay said...

Chick-f-l sounds really good to me right now! Congratualations on your house. Where are you living right now? Your Argentine connection

Brian said...

No Way! I go to Chick-fil-a like once a week! (I know I'm disgusting.) I have never won, and I was starting to think that it was just an advertising scheme.

vickstergram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meglet said...

You're so lucky. I miss Chick-fil-a, 100th customer or not, at least you get the opportunity to eat there without researching your entire state for the nearest location. I discovered a Chick-fil-a at a nearby mall, I call it the West Valley Mall, but it's proper name is the Valley Scare Mall. Anyway, a few months ago, I was there on a lunch break or dinner break, anyway I felt lucky because it was an opportunity for Chick-fil-a. After noticing Chick-fil-a didn't seem to be in its usual spot, and circling that disgusting food court twice - I left disappointed, and yes, even at that moment I was jealous of you.

Anonymous said...

hey Darowski's!! It's Paul and Kristen Ford! how are you guys?!? i found you guys through the Withers blog, so don't freak out! :) you guys look like you're doing amazingly awesome! hope all is well!!

rvasay said...

Laurel I want to point out that Feb
5th was your last Blog. Have you moved yet? We are patiently waiting!
Your Argentine connection