Sunday, January 20, 2008

My thanks and Neighborhood Lemonade

First, I want to thank you readers out there for keeping my blog interesting with all your fun comments. I have literally freaked out this past week. I'm glad we don't plan on buying and selling a home for at least 200 years.

With that being said I want to tell you about the girls in my neighborhood who provided me with comic relief this afternoon with their Lemonade selling venture. I myself used to co-own and operate a lemonade stand so I was sympathetic to their request when they knocked on my door and asked me if I wanted to come buy some lemonade. I told them I would get my daughter and we would head over. When I got to the Lemonade selling corner I asked them how much it was.

"Its free or just 2 cents."

"Only 2 cents, why so cheap?"

"Our parents don't want us selling it because we don't have any cups, they said we should just make it free."

"You don't have any cups?"

"No, we just have spoons. You can have one spoonful or five spoonfuls."

"Oh....I can get you some cups."

So I went and got them some cups, gave them a couple quarters for Lemonade, and Caroline and I got to meet their dog 'Sasha' who had white, pink, and blue fur.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lemonade by the spoonful- there's a new marketing idea! I wonder if this is a sign of the recession on its way or an attempt to save the environment by eliminating the wasteful use of lemonade consumption via disposable cups.

Glad to see you weren't committed to an asylum. For sure post some pics of the new house when you get a chance!

vickstergram said...

Lar, after all you've been through these past few weeks, it seems appropriate that you have successfully turned lemons into lemonade (in a cup no less!) and helped out your young neighbors with their capitalistic venture. Kudos to you. . .(is kudos a real word??). Love ya, vickstermom

Natalie Scott said...

Must. See. House.
Please. Post. Pictures. Y'know, in your spare time :o) I'd really like to know where we'll be staying when we come visit next!

megship said...

Lemonade by the spoonful eh? That is funny.

Juliana said...

Hi! I just found your blog through my blog spying! Linking from one to the next to the next. I love your blog! You are such a crack up. I love your stories! We know the same person... Kerinne is in my ward! Come see my blog- salway.blogspot.com

rvasay said...

Laurel,
I think you are going to love your new neighborhood! what fun girls! We all want to see the house.
Thanks for posting it makes me happy!
The Argentine connection

Mauri said...

crazy funny! sorry you hit your garage door...what a bummer. hey-when can i take your kids for you so you can get things done for the move???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I laughed SO hard reading this post. Ingenious little people thinking of selling lemonade by the spoonful because they didn't have cups. Oh, by the way, this is Ashley Thatcher. I found your blog on Abbie's page so I thought I'd drop in and say HI! Come visit if you like. We're at texastwostep03.blogspot.com. Later!

Emily said...

Where are you?

vickstergram said...

Hey! I've been waiting for another update you know it is February now. Could you perhaps find an entertaining guest blogger while you are in the land of crazed moving-decorating-packing and unpacking. I am sure our good friend Doug could help you. By the way, did you ever happen to tell Nerd Mom #2 that Doug from the furniture store is actually in your ward? Small world, huh?