Sunday, November 11, 2007

Close to Home


The other day, after I dropped Caroline off at her dance class, I stood in front of my car and visited with the other mothers. Looking past one of them I noticed two men dressed in full military uniform. They looked as if they were on official business. They were walking into an apartment complex, looking for an apartment. It reminded me of something I'd seen in a movie. My heart softened as I realized what their visit might mean. I thought of the person they were trying to find and what they might be telling them. It was the first time I have felt the impact of the war. It is so distant from my life. I feel blessed and selfish at the same time. What have I done for my country ? We have so much. I am ever grateful for the sacrifices made by the brave young men and women who are serving our country. Thank you.

2 comments:

critts said...

Wow - that is horribly sad. I too am so thankful for the sacrifices they make because I don't know if I could do the same if asked to.

vickstergram said...

Those men touch my heart and make me proud to be an American. I just hope that they can feel the same respect and support from their fellow Americans.