Monday, April 16, 2007

Here Comes Samantha!

Here is a picture of the family just before I went to the hospital to have Samantha. The kids were very excited for the birth of their little sister and the fact that they were going to play with their friends Grant and Maddie for the day. I was just relieved to know that in a few short hours I would no longer be pregnant and Adam was happy he wasn't at work. But most of all we were excited to meet Samantha and add her to our family. Here is a picture of me during my C-Section. Look how happy I am! I guess those drugs really work- and I was excited to see little Samantha in few short minutes. The Doctor was excited that she was so large and a nurse called her a little "Moose." That didn't bother me at all- Henry was 9 lbs. 2 oz.- so a baby weighing 8 lbs. 12 oz. was no big deal. I was just happy to have a happy healthy baby in my arms.

Dad, mom, and baby together for the first time!

Little Samantha just a few minutes old! She didn't cry much when she came out of the womb, but when she did cry she sounded like a small animal growl. If anyone is familiar with Diego and Dora- I would have to say she sounded like baby Jaguar. She still hasn't cried much so we don't know if that cry will evolve into something we are more familiar with.
Mom and baby! I would have to say this was my easiest delivery yet. With Henry I had to labor for 20 hours then have the C-Section. With Caroline we were scheduled for a C-section and then labored for a few hours after my water broke in the pre-op. With Samantha everything was totally planned and very easy. My only complication this time has been severe swelling, which I hope will go down soon.

2 comments:

Kay said...

She's beautiful! We are so excited that Samantha is here. We printed off the photo of her and I'll show it to everyone tomorrow.

Annie said...

Wow!! I feel like I was in the OR with you all. So up close and personal. Way to go Laurel! Oh, Adam you did a good job too. You don't even look faint at all. I'm so proud of everyone.